Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Meet One of the InformERS - Steve Dignum, Engineering Account Manager

Our Engineering Account Manager at ERS, Steve Dignum, took a few minutes out of his lunch break to speak about his experience in recruitment:




What gives you the edge in your sector?
As an ex-Royal Navy Engineer, and then a Systems Engineer at BAE Systems, I know the industry well, having worked in it for 15 years. I have worked in the environments that I am placing people, so can give the prospective candidate a good insight into the companies.

Why did you want to be a recruiter?
I was drawn to Engineering recruitment as I wanted to use my background in Engineering, but with a new challenge. I have always liked dealing with people and this seems the ideal combination of Engineering and Customer/Client interaction.


Why did you want to stay a recruiter? How long have you been working in recruitment?
I have been in Engineering recruitment for 9 years (after being an Engineer) and love the daily interaction with different people - and no day is ever the same! I like the feeling you get when you help someone further their career within our major clients, and I strive to be the No1 supplier to my clients.


What do you repeatedly see on CVs that is your biggest pet peeve?
People who put skills in their main "Skills," but don't give evidence in their previous roles. Also long blocks of text, as it is a pain to read.

If you were asked to name the next big line of cars, what would it be?
Inferno - Hot and powerful!!
Sub-Zero - Sleek

***

If you'd like to chat with Steve about hiring requirements or potential job opportunities, give us a call at 01923 22 44 81 or email Steve_Dignum@ers.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment